Notice of Printing and Issuing Hanchuan Management Measures of Investment Solicitation from Municipal People’s Government
To all township people’s governments, culturing farms, offices, development zones and municipal government agencies,
Hanchuan Management Measures of Investment Solicitation has already been discussed at the working meeting of mayors and is hereby printed and issued to you. Please abide by and carry out it.
October 16, 2013
Hanchuan Management Measures of Investment Solicitation
Chapter I General
Article 1 In order to promote the normalization, institutionalization and scientification of managerial work of attracting investment in our city, these measures are prepared based on relevant laws and regulations and practical situation of our city.
Article 2 The investment solicitation mentioned in these measures is a campaign to promote economic development in the principle of reciprocity and mutual benefit by optimization of economic development environment and attracting investors or elements of capital expansion enterprises such as capital, talent, technology, equipment, product, market and management.
Article 3 Investment protection project shall comply with industrial policies of our country and industrial distribution planning of our city to avoid low-level redundant development.
Chapter II Project Management
Article 4 All investment solicitation projects brought in must be preliminarily reviewed and the purpose is to mainly review whether the project complies with national industrial policy, industrial attribute, investment intensity, contribution to revenue, environment protection and safety impact assessment and social stability assessment and have investment strength. The review shall be organized and implemented by leading working group of preliminary review of investment solicitation projects. “One-vote negation system” shall be carried out to completely eradicate the behavior non-conforming with industrial policy and environmental protection standard and recklessly occupying land.
Article 5 Economical and intensive use of land
(1) Investment intensity: It shall not be less than 1.5 million Yuan/Mu for municipal economic development zone (including Ma’an oasis cluster) and Xiannvshan Street Office, 1 million Yuan/Mu for Chenghuang Town, Liujiage Town, Diaodong Sub-district Office, 700,000Yuan/Mu for Mamiao Industrial Park, Fuxing Industrial Park, Fenshui Town, Huayan Farm and Ma’an Village and 500,000Yuan/Mu for other villages and towns.
(2) Aggregate investment: No land will be separately provided for the industrial project with aggregate investment lower than 50 million Yuan in park of municipal economic development zone. For industrial project which will occupy a large area of land, one-off planning shall be carried out and land supply and construction shall be based on stages and annual investment amounts.
(3) Floor area ratio and coefficient of building occupation: The floor area ratio of industrial enterprise in the city shall not be less than 0.6, coefficient of building occupation shall not be less than 30% and greening rate shall not exceed 20%. Construction of multi-story factory building is encouraged. The floor area ratio of industrial enterprise in municipal economic development zone shall not be less than 1.2, coefficient of building occupation shall not be less than 40% and greening rate shall not exceed 20%.
(4) Acceleration of project construction progress: The shortest period from project development and construction shall be appointed. For light industry project, the appointed period from development to completion shall not exceed 2 years and for heavy industry, it shall not exceed 3 years.
Article 6 Contribution to revenue: The revenue from project completed, put into production and taking effect shall be 100,000-200,000Yuan/Mu for municipal economic development zone (including Ma’an oasis cluster) and Xiannvshan Street Office, 50,000-100,000Yuan/Mu for Chenghuang Town, Liujiage Town, Diaodong Sub-district Office, 40,000-50,000Yuan/Mu for Mamiao Industrial Park, Fuxing Industrial Park, Fenshui Town, Huayan Farm and Ma’an Village and not less than 30,000Yuan/Mu for other villages and towns.
Article 7 Technical level: Pillar industries including food processing, printing and packaging, energy and building materials, metal product and textile and garment and high and new technology enterprises with strong R&D input capacity, good growth, proprietary intellectual property rights and strong competitive advantage among peers shall be mainly brought in.
Article 8 Length of industry chain: Project shall be highly related to industry, comply with local industrial distribution, make for extension of industry chain and long-term development of upstream and downstream matched enterprises and organically combine with local enterprises.
Article 9 Environmental protection, safety, energy saving and emission reduction: Project shall comply with the requirements of national industrial policies, environmental functional district planning, environment impact assessment, coefficient of safety production and control of aggregate consumption of energy and realize pollutant discharge under certain standard, safety production, energy saving and emission reduction.
Chapter III Contract Management
Article 10 The signing of investment solicitation contract shall not violate provisions of relevant laws, regulations and policies.
Article 11 Municipal Investment Solicitation Bureau shall prepare the standard contract text of investment solicitation and revise it according to relevant laws, regulations and policies in time.
Article 12 After the investment solicitation contract takes effect, Municipal Investment Solicitation Bureau shall inspect the performance of contract with Municipal Development and Reform Commission, Finance Bureau, Taxation Bureau and Bureau of National Land and Resources and supervise and urge the delinquent party to fulfill contractual obligations in time. If the party fails to fulfill the obligation within reasonable period after supervised and urged, it shall assume corresponding responsibility for breach of contract as agreed.
Article 13 For any major project brought in, the investment agreement shall be directly signed by Municipal People’s Government and the investor.
Chapter IV Preferential Policy
Article 14 Land use policy
(1) The enterprise investing for and settling in our city shall obtain the land use right by bid inviting, auction and listing transfer according to law and based on the requirements for investment intensity and revenue of investment solicitation project.
(2) Industrial lands in the whole city are divided into classes A, B and C based on their use conditions and different privileges of land price can be enjoyed according to the requirements for investment intensity and contribution for revenue.
Class A: municipal economic development zone (including Ma’an oasis cluster), Xiannvshan Street Office, Chenghuang Town, Liujiage Town and Diaodong Sub-district Office; the land price is 75,000-85,000Yuan/Mu.
Class B: Mamiao Industrial Park, Fuxing Industrial Park, Fenshui Town, Huayan Farm and Ma’an Village; the land price is 70,000-80,000Yuan/Mu.
Class C: other villages and towns; the land price is 68,000-70,000Yuan/Mu.
(3) New industrial enterprises settling here shall pay land transferring fees, farmland occupancy tax and deed tax according to standards and national policies and those who after pass the review and approval of financial and tax departments and reach the agreed standards of investment intensity and contribution to revenue shall be provided with corresponding financial supports by benefited units according to the investment solicitation contract.
(4) In case of national land policy adjustment, the new land policy shall prevail.
Article 15 Financial support policy
(1) For new industrial enterprise settling here, financial department shall review the investment intensity, tax department shall check and confirm the tax and both the investment intensity and contribution to revenue shall reach the agreed standard. After the projects are completed and put into production and reach the efficiency, benefited units shall give them financial supports, where: with the application of enterprise and approval of government, financial support of total amount of local actual retained portion in actually paid income tax shall be given to the enterprise in first two years after the corporate income tax is paid at the standard rate for five years, and a financial support of 50% of local actual retained portion in income tax actually paid by enterprise shall be given in the following three years. In addition, a financial support of 50% of local actual retained portion in value added tax (VAT) actually paid by enterprise shall be given for five years after VAT is paid at the standard rate.
(2) For capital increase and capacity expansion enterprises whose investment intensity and contribution to revenue fail to reach the standards, the financial support of 50% of local actual retained portions in income tax and VAT actually paid by enterprise shall be given for two years after the income tax and VAT newly-increased due to capital increase and capacity expansion are paid at the standard rates.
Article 16 Financing policy: For the enterprise which continues using the same pledge to apply for mortgage loan after the registered period of its security interest of loan expires, no registration fee shall be paid for the pledge; for the enterprise which entrusts the previous assessment agency for assessment and notarization again, the fee to be paid shall be within the range of 20% of the specified fee scale.
Article 17 Infrastructure support: For all investment solicitation projects invested in our city, the infrastructures including road, water, electricity, gas and communication shall be supplied to the red lines of projects to ensure project construction.
Article 18 Labor security: the department of human resources and social security shall fulfill the obligation to guide the enterprise employment and labor insurance services.
Article 19 Encouragement to the development of modern service industry: For the business enterprises above norm and newly brought in, the land price shall be over 200,000Yuan/Mu. For hotels over four-star level and above rated by relevant departments, five-star countryside inns, large business enterprises newly-brought in and commercial complex projects, the preferential policy shall comply with the principle of “one discussion for one case”.
Article 20 For global and domestic top 500 enterprises, listed companies, enterprises directly under the governance of the Central Government, agricultural product processing enterprises at above provincial level, high-tech enterprises and high value-added enterprises settling here, the measures of “one discussion for one case and one policy for one enterprise” shall be taken and flexible preferential policies can be enjoyed by them.
Chapter V Project Supervision and Land Use Supervision
Article 21 Strengthen project supervision
(1) Strengthen supervision of project land and construction. Project standing book system shall be carried out. The government in proposed settling place of project shall set up project standing book before the start of construction and indicate the site area, investment intensity, floor area ratio, greening rate, coefficient of building occupation, commencement time, completion time and other indices appointed under the contract to receive social supervision. Investment solicitation department shall insist dynamic patrol inspection of land use with national land, planning and construction departments, periodically inspect whether the settled enterprise starts and completes project on schedule and reach the control index of land use and mainly inspect whether the floor area ratio and coefficient of building occupation reach the standards.
(2) Strengthen supervision of project completion acceptance. For comprehensive acceptance of completed project, development and reform, national land, planning, planning, construction, investment solicitation, environmental protection, safety supervision and fire protection departments shall constitute a comprehensive acceptance group to put forward comprehensive acceptance opinions and rectification suggestions on the completed project, supervise and urge the project unit to implement, improve and incorporate the normal operation management of project and establish corresponding archives. The project unit shall be ordered to rectify and improve the project not complying with acceptance contents and requirements in time. The project breaking contract shall be properly handled according to relevant laws, regulations and terms of investment solicitation contract.
(3) Strengthen supervision of project investment and tax. Financial, taxation and investment solicitation departments shall jointly establish a tax tracking mechanism of new project to realize the sharing and jointly supervision of enterprise tax information. If the project has been put into production and reached the efficiency for 3 years and the average annual tax revenue put into storage provided by tax department is less than the amount agreed under the investment solicitation contract, Municipal Government shall instruct relevant departments to withdraw the given awards and privileges.
(4) Strengthen environmental protection and safety production supervision of project. Environmental protection department shall strengthen the enforcement of environment laws, mainly investigate and treat the projects without environmental impact assessment, violating “simultaneous” system (simultaneous design, simultaneous construction and simultaneous operation) of construction of environmental protection facilities, with sewage disposal facility running abnormally, with over standard discharge and not complying with provisions of emission permit and hand over the unlawful act causing major environmental pollution accident to public security organization for investigation and treatment. Safety supervision department shall strengthen the law enforcement of safety production and mainly investigate and treat the projects without safety factor assessment and violating “simultaneous” system of project safety production and uncivilized production as well as unlawful act causing serious accident.
(5) Strengthen Supervision of energy saving and emission reduction. For the project completed and put into production, development and reform and environmental protection departments shall check and determine its aggregate energy consumption, unit consumption of product and total amount of discharge, assess them per year, instruct the enterprise failing to reach the standard for energy saving and emission reduction to rectify the project and punish it according to relevant laws if its rectification is below the required standard.
Article 22 Strengthen supervision after approval of land use
(1) Provide strict conditions of usage change. Enterprises shall use lands in strict accordance with the specified conditions and are not permitted to use industrial lands for real estate or business development in a disguised form. If any enterprise changes the usage of any industrial land, it shall be treated according to the document, Hanchuan Management Measures of State Land Asset Operation in Cities and Towns (HCZG  No. 5).
(2) Provide strict requirements for transfer of project site and strictly prohibit transfer of idle land. For the project whose fixed asset input is lower than 20% of the aggregate investment or actual construction land area is less than 1/3 of the total land area which shall be used, the land use right shall not be transferred. If transfer is approved pursuant to law, the Municipal Government shall instruct financial and national land departments to withdraw awards, value-added land price, exempt administrative fees and various return subsidies.
(3) Provide strict requirements mortgage of project site and strictly prohibit mortgage of idle land. The national land department shall not make mortgage registration of other rights of idle land and financial institution shall not provide a loan. The enterprise that applies for mortgage finance with land use right can transact the formalities of mortgage loan only if the development and reform department provides the actual amount of investment completed by the enterprise, planning department provides the actual related data of the project, including floor area ratio and coefficient of building occupation, and the review result of national land department shows that the land is not unused. For the project under construction which has already obtained the land use right, the initial mortgage period shall not exceed the appointed construction period during transaction of formalities of mortgage finance with land use right.
(4) Strengthen supervision of industrial land transfer. National land department shall encourage the transfer of idle and inefficient industrial land and reallocation at market after pressing for payment of liquidated damages as agreed under the contract. In addition, practical management measures shall be explored under the conditions of construction planning, such as equivalent exchange and usage adjustment, or reorganization, integration, optimization and upgrade, or counter purchase through negotiation, government reserve and transfer.
Chapter VI Incentives for Investment Solicitation
Article 23 Investment Solicitation Bureau shall verify the project brought in and put forward opinions of preliminary awards with development and reform, financial and taxation departments based on the revenue benefit realized by project and the principle of “benefited unit shouldering responsibility”. After submitted and approved by the Municipal Government, awards shall be given to the unit and individual brining in the project.
(1) Incentive for large project: for projects with fixed investment over 100 million Yuan brought in to economic development zone (including Ma’an oasis cluster), with fixed investment over 50 million Yuan brought in to Xiannvshan Street Office, Chenghuang Town, Liujiage Town, Diaodong Sub-district Office, Mamiao Industrial Park, Fuxing Industrial Park, Fenshui Town, Huayan Farm and Ma’an Villag and with fixed investment over 20 million Yuan brought in to other villages and towns, after the enterprises are put into production, awards for large project which are 0.8‰ of fixed investments shall be given to the main units bringing in a single project.
(2) Incentive for information source: the intermediary organization or individual who plays a key role in providing project information and bringing in Fortune Global 500, domestic top 500, top 500 private enterprises, large central enterprises and large listed companies shall be given an award for project information which is 0.5-1‰ of the amount of investment by the beneficiary after the project settles down and is put into production.
(3) Incentive for project benefit: for the unit directly subordinate to the city and bringing in production enterprise with fixed investment over 50 million Yuan, 30% of local actual retained portions of cooperate income tax and VAT paid by the enterprise after it is put into enterprise shall be awarded to the unit for continuous 3 years and 20% of the total amount of award for the first year thereof shall be given to main persons in charge and personnel with contribution for one time.
Chapter VII Investment Environment
Article 24 Implement “five-zero” policy. The following principles shall be implemented for industrial entities, namely “zero revenue” from administrative and institutional fees, “zero penalty” to initial violation in enforcement of administrative law, “zero interference” with enterprise production and project construction, “zero overtime” of administrative examination and approval and “zero tolerance” to behaviors affecting economic development environment, so as to spare no effort to create an excellent investment environment.
Article 25 “Green card” system shall be implemented for foreign invested enterprises.
Chapter VIII Supplementary Provisions
Article 26 These measures shall be executed from November 1, 2013.
Article 27 Investment Solicitation Bureau shall be responsible for interpretation of problems related to application of these measures.
Hanchuan Preferential Measures of Investment Solicitation
Notice of Printing and Issuing Hanchuan Preferential Measures of Investment Solicitation from Municipal People’s Government
To township people’s governments, culturing farms, offices, development zones and municipal government agencies ,
Hanchuan Preferential Measures of Investment Solicitation has already been discussed at the office meeting of mayors and is hereby printed and issued to you. Please abide by and carry out it.
May 18, 2012
Hanchuan Preferential Measures of Investment Solicitation
Article 1: In order to encourage business solicitation through investment and promote economic construction and development of social programs in our city, these preferential measures are prepared according to relevant provision of the state and province and by combination with practical situation of our city.
Article 2: All domestic and foreign investors, which are engaged in productive or non-productive activities (such as culture, sports, tourism and professional market construction beyond central city area, hereinafter inclusive) in the form of sole proprietorship, joint venture or cooperation and whose investment of fixed assets (including land, plant, production equipment and ancillary facilities supporting production, hereinafter inclusive) complies with the provisions of land use region and industrial classification requirements and investment project meets the requirements of national industrial policy and environmental protection requirements, can enjoy these preferential measures.
Article 3: Land use privilege
(1) Industrial lands in the whole city are divided into Class A, B and C based on their use conditions and different privileges of land price can be enjoyed according to the requirements for investment intensity and contribution for revenue.
Class A: development zone, Xiannvshan Street Office, Chenghuang Town and Diaodong Farm; the investment intensity is not less than 1 million Yuan/Mu, contribution to revenue is not less than 50,000Yuan/Mu/year and land price is 65,000-75,000Yuan/Mu.
Class B: Mamiao Industrial Park, Fuxing Industrial Park, Lijiage Town, Fenshui Town, Maiwang Town and Huayan Farm; the investment intensity is not less than 700,000Yuan/Mu, contribution to revenue is not less than 30,000Yuan/Mu/year and land price is 60,000-70,000Yuan/Mu.
Class C: other villages and towns; the investment intensity is not less than 500,000Yuan/Mu, contribution to revenue is not less than 15,000Yuan/Mu/year and land price is 58,000-60,000Yuan/Mu.
Investors are encouraged to construct multi-story plant and improve the land utilization rate based on land use planning.
(2) For the project to which the investor completed the aggregate investment as agreed under the contract and which has reached the appointed tax yield and settled down and needs new land due to expansion, privilege of land price can be granted by reference to the above standards.
(3) Actively strive for land use plan target of provincial major project and give priority to land use for project with high investment intensity, good market prospect, great contribution to revenue and high technical content and complying with national industrial policy.
(4) The measures of “one discussion for one case and one policy for one enterprise” shall be taken for high-tech enterprise with fixed investment over 50 million Yuan, enterprise with fixed investment over 100 million Yuan and enterprise from which the tax revenue exceeds 10 million Yuan after the investment is completed in Class A region, enterprise with investment over 50 million Yuan and from which the tax revenue exceeds 5 million Yuan after the investment is completed in class B and class C regions, Fortune Global 500, domestic top 500, industrial top 200 large enterprises and large groups, so as to let them enjoy more preferential policy of land used for production.
(5) Enterprises shall complete investment as required by the contract. For industrial enterprises, the floor area ratio shall not be less than 0.6, building density shall not be less than 30% and greening rate shall not exceed 20%. If any enterprise fails to complete investment according to the above requirements, which resulted in idle land, Municipal Government shall levy charges for idle land according to law and take back the idle land at the price agreed under contract. The land use right will be unconditionally withdrawn if any enterprise fails to start construction for its own reason after obtaining the land use right. No enterprise is permitted to illegally transfer land and if any enterprise does so, Municipal Government will withdraw land use right according to law and all preferential policies enjoyed by it and charge profits brought by related preferential policies.
Article 4: Verification and incentives
(1) New industrial enterprise settling here shall be rewarded by benefiary from tax year after financial department verifies the investment intensity, tax department checks and confirms the tax and both the investment intensity and contribution to revenue reach the agreed standards, where: total amount of local retained portion (after the paid portion is deducted) shall be given to the enterprise in first two years after the corporate income tax is paid at the standard rate for five years, and half of the award will be given in the following three years; 50% of local retained portion (after the paid portion is deducted) shall be given for five years after VAT is paid at the standard rate.
(2) New industrial enterprises setting here and hotels of three-star level and above rated by related departments whose investment intensity and contributions to revenue reach the agreed standards shall pay transfer fee, farmland occupation tax, deed tax, water conservancy fund, educational fund and low-rent housing fund according to national standards when transacting land use permit after paying land price and then be rewarded, where, 80% of local retained portion (after the paid portion is deducted) shall be awarded to industrial enterprises after planning approval and investment review and 20% of local retained portion (after the paid portion is deducted) shall be awarded after completion of investment; 50% of local retained portion (after the paid portion is deducted) shall be awarded to hotels of three-star level and above after planning approval and investment review and after completion of investment. Expenses of taxation for other projects shall be charged pursuant to provisions of policy.
Article 5: Charge privilege: for enterprise set up by investment, during transaction of formalities of project review and approval and issuance of certificate, the revenue from administrative and institutional fees within municipal jurisdiction shall be charged based on the covered area, namely 8-10Yuan/m2; service fee shall be charged at 20% of the minimum standard and enterprise can independently select the service object; enterprise can voluntarily join social organization, intermediary organization and association at its own expenses.
Article 6: Privilege of tertiary industry
(1) For star hotels invested in our city area, the land price for four-star hotel shall be over 120,000Yuan/Mu and that for each five-star hotel shall be discussed in detail.
(2) For new domestic and foreign financial institutions brought in, each senior executive (chief or deputy in bank or company) shall be rewarded with 100% local retained portion (after the paid portion is deducted) in individual income tax paid by him in the first two years from tax year and 50% in the following three years. The credit guarantee institutions of newly established middle and small-sized enterprises shall be awarded with 50% of local retained portions (after the paid portion is deducted) in business tax and corporate income tax paid for the guaranteed operating income for three years and the fund awarded shall be used to supplement the loan loss provision.
(3) Development of modern service industry is encouraged and the principle of “one discussion for one case” shall be implemented in related privilege policies.
Article 7: Priority of infrastructure: for all industrial projects invested in our city, the infrastructures including road, water, electricity, gas and communication shall be supplied to the red lines of projects to ensure project construction.
Article 8: Financing privilege: for the enterprise which continues using the same pledge to apply for mortgage loan after the registered period of its security interest of loan expires, no registration fee shall be paid for the pledge; for the enterprise which entrusts the previous assessment agency for assessment and notarization again, the fee to be paid shall be within the range of 20% of the specified fee scale.
Article 9: One discussion for one case shall be implemented for private hospitals, kindergartens and vocational and technical education institutions invested and set up by travelling traders.
Article 10: The lands in planning range of our downtown area (to Fuxing Road in the east, eastern main canal in the west, Han River and Bengzhan River in the south and 1,000m beyond the first-class highway in the north) are used for administration, office, commerce, residence and public benefit.
Article 11: Labor security: the department of human resources and social security shall fulfill the obligation to guide the enterprise employment and labor insurance service.
Article 12: Provision of high-quality service
(1) Coordination service provided by specialized team: “two isolation strips” (namely the separation of administrative and law enforcement departments from enterprises and the separation of villages and villagers from enterprises) shall be implemented for enterprises invested by travelling traders which shall entrust municipal investment solicitation office or bring in units to found a specialized team to provide coordination service and prepare related formalities.
(2) Large project coordination and transaction of formality within limited time: Municipal Government shall organize related departments directly subordinate to the city for centralized work and to separately implement the projects with large investment scale and involving many departments and settle them within the limited time. Formalities of and below municipal level shall be settled or replied within 3 workdays or 5 workdays at most. For the formalities over municipal level, related departments shall transact formality of report within 3 workdays.
(3) Services provided by assistant of enterprise: Municipal Government can assign a plant-resident assistant to the enterprise to handle all administrative coordination affairs during construction and operation on behalf of the enterprise as required by the investor.
(4) Settlement within limited time: financial and tax departments shall transact the settlement of foreign exchange and tax rebate for travelling trader in time and guarantee the smooth operation.
Article 13: Protection of legitimate rights and interests
(1) The complaints from travelling traders shall be handled within limited time. Each district and department shall quickly handle the complaints from travelling traders they have accepted according to law within 3 days or 5 workdays at most and the results shall satisfy travelling traders.
(2) Municipal Environment Improvement Office shall be responsible for handling the complaints involving investment environment of enterprise. The complaints hotline of Municipal Environment Improvement Office is 0712-8397000 and that of Municipal Public Security Bureau is 0712-8382162-4269. In addition, a periodical contact system shall be established for coordination in time.
Article 14: If the national policy is adjusted in the implementation process of these measures, the adjusted national policy shall prevail.
Article 15: These measures are valid for 3 years and shall be implemented from May 18, 2012 to May 17, 2015.